Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Trumpet Section


Trumpet Section

2/4/2013
Not my dog. Sadly.
ZOMBIE DOG. Not mine. Sadly.
Why is it the people who want a hand out are always assholes? That makes no sense to me. Do they all really think they’re in their predicament because the world is unfair and no one will hand them break?
Listened to this Podcast today by Dr. Drew.  It was really interesting. I just downloaded it because I needed something on my run today. They, Dr. Drew and Adam Carolla, had a young woman with AIDS on the show. They discussed likening HIV Denialists to murders, how getting circumcised lowers your chances of contracting the virus, the one man in Berlin who was cured of AIDS, how Dr. Drew almost lost his residency for discussing AIDS with kids back in 1983, and about how much you can really trust Big Pharma.
There’s so many people looking for the cure to AIDS you’d think you couldn’t keep it hidden. Then you read the other things companies and the US Government will do for money, and you go “eh, I don’t trust them.”
Still, if the option is take this drug that will prolong your life because I refuse to cure you, or take nothing and die, I don’t see what you’re proving by taking the later option.
Woke up. Did a bunch of lessons. Played some Rush Poker. Had some Cuban food for lunch. Mmmmm…yucas and fresh fish. I shouldn’t of thought of that. Played Dr. Mario and Tetris, where my fiance handed my ass to me. I blame the food coma. Did an interview for Pokernews. Answered some emails. Went for a run. Now I’m playing…oops it’s called Zoom. Zoom Poker again. Every ten minutes I take a break to write back to one email. This 10-minute break I wrote this.
It seems to be working quite well. I’m fired up to play every time I go out there. I have six buy-ins on one table, and I think I’ve played 40 minutes. (Of course, I’m sure I’ve punted a good deal of other stacks).
2/5/2013

I did the OneOuter podcast today with Barry Chalmers. All this talking is going to do me in. Yes, I love to do it. Many would tell you, I loved  the sound of my own voice way before people paid to listen to me. I was more polite in this one than the podcast I did before, but I have too much bouncing around my head. 
My Japanese teacher in high school was teaching us how to say, “I love….” one day. She prefaced this discussion by saying Japanese people never say something like they love their car or they love this restaurant. It’s an expression of deep admiration. Then she said “Fitzgerald-San loves the sound of his own voice.”
I call Mayo Mayo-San around the house.
Green tea, honey, and Zoom Poker. Light buy-ins off in minutes. Great testing ground for ideas. No more waiting 12 hours for one situation to pop up.
I don’t have time grind tournaments anymore anyhow.
Watched Law and Order: SVU last night. The first ever episode. It was entertaining, what with all the genocide and rape.
There was a man who showed his unit to a courtroom, when he was on trial for exposing himself. I knew it was supposed to be humorous but any halfway realistic depiction of mental illness is just so sad to me. How gone do you have to be to pull that? There’s so many people out there like that.
Got some lessons done this morning. Played 1k hands. Read The Hunger Games while my fiance was sleeping. I have to say, that book picked up admirably from it’s shaky start. I’m glued to it. It’s still no Ready Player One though.
I went outside to throw out the garbage about 15 minutes ago. I was surprised by what a nice sunny day it was. How different is my life from the Gunters in Ready Player One? I live online, with my online friends, deriving value from an online currency, and I never leave the house.
Got five buy-ins on one table after an hour or so of playing. I have no idea if I’m up :)This is fun.
There’s no freedom greater than a night run. Traversing all the uneven sidewalks, seeing the sun set over San Jose, running with stray dogs, and getting so high up in the hills the air chills. I spend hours running and listening to podcasts. I love to hear new ideas while I’m sweating.
I spend two hours on the pavement, sweating out all the coffee I drank.
I came home and played another 500 hands. I want to play more but four appointments in the morning and 1.5K hands is enough. Gonna go watch Pat Stay Vs. Math Hoffa and The Wire. Maybe I'll start Youtubing metal videos and make my own Headbanger's Ball. 
I know I’ll need to publish something of substance here soon. I try to do something for you guys every day. The last few days have been taken up by interviews. There will be a lot of interesting things when those come out. I have other articles coming out soon too. Buy a lesson through Assassinatocoaching@gmail.com and you’ll get access to strategy pieces that other people will wait months to see, if they see it at all.
My Plugs: Check out my vids at Pocketfives Training, contact me for lessons at assassinatocoaching@gmail.com, see other stuff I write with my friends at www.pokerheadrush.com, and follow my Twitter @TheAssassinato and Facebook at www.Facebook.com/Assassinato

No comments: