Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Walk Straight From Now On


Walk Straight From Now On

In my new $50 desk. I have this huge one in my main office but it gets stuffy in there. I’ve taken to hanging out in the garage with my poodle. He sits next to me in a lawn chair underneath hanging plants.
It’s been a bit since I checked in here with a regular blog. I had some things canned which I let run. Some things I jotted down from Bahamas. A response to a rather elaborate email. I haven’t posted my real trip report about The Bahamas because my camera broke when I got back to Costa Rica. I have pictures I’d like to post with it. I might just run it without them, or take some off Naty’s cell phone.
Do not expect anything refined from my ramblings this evening. I’m spent. I woke up, read for an hour or so, finished and published that blog helping the kid from the Islamic country, and then did my latest Jaxtraw lecture. It went really well. I was much more familiar with the hands this time around, since I’ve been examining them for months. Peter and I hit a ton of topics. It felt like a great presentation. I was really proud of the final product.
I was just gone once it was done, but I had a back log of emails to get through. I have a new scheduling system I’m using for Assassinato Coaching. It takes out a lot of the back and forth emailing, but not all of it. There were some glitches I wasn’t aware of which left one guy waiting for a lesson that never happened. However, I’d really recommend Schedule Once as a product. I’m going to buying a complete version here soon after my trial. I’ve been very impressed with how it works with Google Calendar.
The last week or so since I posted some daily banter has been good. I had my birthday party, eating some traditional German cheeseburgers at a friend’s house, and having all my friends over. My fiance’s parents and grandma also came along with some friends who live very far away. It felt really good to have everyone there. I felt really blessed. One of Naty’s best friends growing up actually even figured out how to teach me some Latino dance step (with much focus and white boy rigidity).
To be honest, my default feeling is to just hide in my house all day and every day. When I do venture outside its to run in the dark alone. Even when I’m doing consulting work I never see the faces of my students. I feel like I’m talking to myself a lot of the time.
I know I need to get out of my shell now that I’m mentally clear. It’s time to build new tracks through my mind. Getting out with people who really love me so much goes a long way toward getting me out of my head.
My fiance and I have started planning the wedding a little more. We’re doing a small one near here. My family is going to come through, so I’m really psyched for that. I wonder what they’re going to think about all the smiles and potholes here.
I have to go down to Costa Rican immigration tomorrow, which means standing in 2 to 4 hour lines. That’ll be dandy.
I know I’ve done more in the last week but I’m at a loss to remember it now. This is why I write a blog. If I can’t remember what I did this week I wonder what I’ll remember in five years. I’m just going to keep writing and publishing everything in two places, so I’ll always have a record.
I get a lot of spam coming through my old blog. Blogspot sends me notifications of the “comments.” It’s annoying mostly, but once in a while they post on some weird blog title I used to have. I spend ten minutes reading what I was thinking five years ago. It’s mind blowing how much has changed. It’s sad what hasn’t.
Many times I read something I’ve completely forgotten about. I’m really glad I wrote about it. I’m going to buy a new camera, and in the future load up my blogs with pictures. I’m not even going to post them on Facebook really. I’m just going to back them up on separate hard drives. I lost thousands upon thousands of pictures from when I was on the road before. Not that most of them were worth anything, considering how strung out I was at that point of my life. I found some in a Flickr account and I uploaded some others to Facebook. That’ll have to do for the 40 + countries I visited from 18 to 23.
These are some cool ones I just found. This was a little city I hung out in Korea without internet for a few days back in 2008. I walked around with huskies and climbed up snow-soaked trails. Wish I had more photos from these days, because I wasn’t taking my meds and I was drinking nightly. I don’t remember much.
photo
What’s the point of winning a Gold medal if you’re not around in ten years to look at it? What’s the point of travelling the world if you can’t even remember where you’ve been?
You need to record something. While your one life may not be as meaningful as you’d like it be, it’s the only one you’ll ever have. If you forget what lessons you were lucky enough to experience that seems like a waste. If you can learn from your days three or four times, that seems like an incredible use of what’s been given.
Oh, I remember. I played a handful of Stars tournaments again on Sunday. There’s just too much going on to play a full schedule. Once I buy my new computer and get my Full Tilt account opened I’ll probably play a little more.
I got three outted on the river for 150K+ in chips with 40ish left in the Sunday 500. I’m proud I didn’t remember that.
Other than that I’ve been reading a lot of The Bible and Aztec. Those two kind of conflict. I finished Aztec finally. I don’t have the energy to speak about that book in any way it deserves. I felt like I too briefly saw into the mind of one of the most imaginative writers who ever lived. You live in Tenochtitlan when you read that book. No forgotten culture has ever come alive so brilliantly before. The only problem is how derelict and vile many of the author’s thoughts are.
Then again, a narrative of an epic life in the time of the Aztecs would not be complete without that.
 My Plugs: Check out my vids at Pocketfives Training, contact me for lessons at assassinatocoaching@gmail.com, see other stuff I write with my friends at www.pokerheadrush.com, and follow my Twitter @TheAssassinato and Facebook at www.Facebook.com/Assassinato

No comments: