Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Endlessly Listing


Endlessly Listing

It’s relaxing to cross things off a list, and know you’re accomplishing something.
It’s frustrating when that list literally never ends.
A friend sent me an article that reminded me of the important thing: You focus on the experiences along the way.
I’ve been moonstruck the last few days. I worked from 8:00 to 8:00 yesterday. I woke up at 6:00 this morning and didn’t stop doing something productive till…well it’s 10:00 and I’m still going. I’m getting a good deal done, and I’m building something lasting. That gives me whatever semblance of inner peace I can hold onto.
Woke up this morning, chilled with my girl, read the Bible, did some lessons, and then did a 2.5 hour Pocarr lecture. I played cash games for an hour or so. I ran outside with my dog, and then did a run on my own. My fiance called to ask where the hell I was, saying I’d been running for close to two hours.
Adam Carolla and Mike Tyson UNCENSOREDI was just so fascinated by this long form interview Adam Carolla did with Mike Tyson. They talk about how he was taught to hurt people, the source of problems in the black community, and why he can’t leave the hood. Tyson lays some surprisingly heavy statements down between his mispronunciations and more disturbing offhand remarks.
I came home and finished my article for Bluff Magazine about threebetting to larger amounts out of position, and now I’m here.
Tomorrow I think I need to take a break after I’m done working. But I have to go get a suit for the wedding and see someone in the hospital. Real life doesn’t have many breaks.
Maybe I’ll just keep myself from blogging, email accounts, Twitter, Facebook, and all that. If I want to watch a movie fine, but I can’t use the computer for the normal stuff. You need a break.
I don’t know why I keep crowding social media with my stuff. But then, I like where I’m at. That doesn’t come for free.
My Plugs: Check out my vids at Pocketfives Training, contact me for lessons at assassinatocoaching@gmail.com, see other stuff I write with my friends at www.pokerheadrush.com, and follow my Twitter @TheAssassinato and Facebook at www.Facebook.com/Assassinato

No comments: